Bobst North America Inc. is a subsidiary of Bobst SA. BOBST is the world’s leading supplier of machinery and services to packaging manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible material industries. Founded in 1890 by Joseph Bobst in Lausanne, Switzerland, BOBST has a presence in more than 50 countries, runs 11 production facilities in 8 countries and employs over 5,000 people around the world.
BOBST Business Unit Web Fed Equipment includes vacuum web coating and metallizing solutions, as well as world leading technologies in gravure printing, flexo printing, and coating and laminating processes.
BOBST offers expert technical support, service and training, online parts ordering via BOBST InTouch, plus equipment financing.
Vacuum Metallizing Products & Processes
Vacuum Metallizers for Packaging Application
BOBST K5 EXPERT
– The BOBST K5 EXPERT is the next generation of the successful K5000 metallizer, it can run at speeds up to 1'200m/min and offers increased roll diameters up to 1'270mm reacting to new industry trends. The new machine provides significant cost saving innovations to reduce energy consumption, consumables usage and film waste which results in the lowest production costs available in the market
– The K4000 metallizer is a machine which is highly versatile, and can produce barrier and decorative coatings for the converting market, in addition to being able to selectively metallize in-line and in-register using the SelectMet™ process. The K4000 is the choice of converters worldwide and offers maximum flexibility and versatility for the narrow web market.
– The K3000 is an entry level metallizing machine that allows converters to produce relatively small volumes of the highest quality aluminium coatings on PET,BOPP, CPP and other film substrates.
– The BOBST Dark Night works in conjunction with BOBST Registron Hawkeye to provide a new approach to defect reduction and enables the production of higher barrier films.
– BOBST Hawkeye is a monitoring system that at full metallizer speed, detects, counts and categorizes pinholes and other defects from 0.1 mm upwards.
– The already well-established BOBST AlOx process provides a vacuum coated clear barrier film which is a potential replacement for existing metallized structures and other types of polymer clear coatings. It combines the benefits of a clear barrier coating applied in atmosphere with the additional advantages of a vacuum coated barrier layer.
– The BOBST SelectMet® process combines flexo print technology with the BOBST vacuum metallizing process to produce pattern printed material which can be used for decorative packaging and security applications. Available also with a ZnS evaporation source for holographic film applications.
– Traditional metallization, even with plasma treatment, can result in poor metal to polymer substrate bonding, this produces de-lamination which leads to packaging failure and results in product rejects and loss of reputation. Part of the problem is low surface energy on the metal side which also contributes to poor lamination bonding. BOBST has developed an innovative approach to address this common issue through its vacuum metallizers, eliminating the need for chemically treated films. High bonding strength is achieved on any substrate with the BOBST AluBond® unique metallizing process; metal adhesion values can be achieved of up to 5N/15mm.
Sputtering Machines/Special Coaters
- The OPTICOAT is a wide width sputter coating machine for production scale output of a variety of applications including photovoltaic, display and touch screen products.
- The OPTILAB is a laboratory scale machine for the development of high value, high functionality coatings for a wide range of industrial applications.
Key Sales Contacts:
Regional Sales Manager, USA, Southeast
Business Unit Web Fed
Email: [email protected]
Area Sales Manager – Vacuum Metallizing
Bobst Manchester Limited
Phone: 0044 7860 187924
Email: [email protected]